2y, Posted for: Whole Community

More or Less?

Posted by: Joseph Halter

{"ops":[{"insert":"I read this "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://betterletter.substack.com/p/the-better-letter-addition-by-subtraction"},"insert":"article"},{"insert":" by Bob Seawright, "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Addition by Subtraction"},{"insert":" and it reminded me of the framework, processes, standards. elements, traits and centric thinking authored by Elder and Paul. \n\nI would hope each of you would read it. \n\nSometimes, it is best to think of the challenges we have with critical thinking and how they get in the way of our rational thinking. The barriers, biases, distortions, distractions, self-interests. fallacies and cognitive dissonances are sometimes transparent but often opaque to us. The intellectual traits may be a good starting point for this discovery.\n\nWhen I read this article about subtractions, I thought of the intellectual standards as that checklist (subtraction) to guide our thinking to mitigate or eliminate some of the barriers. Assessing the purpose, questions, concepts, information, assumptions, inferences, conclusions, implications and point of views would be enhanced. \n\nWhat are your thoughts?\n"}]}

Comments

Be the first to comment!

Top ▲