1y, Posted for: Whole Community

After Listening to the "Analysis of Reasoning: Going Deeper - Questions" Podcast

Posted by: Linda Tym

{"ops":[{"insert":"After listening to this series, I am again reminded of the depth that there is in the Elements of Thought. The very fact that there are multiple episodes on Questions indicates the richness of thinking about our thinking. In Episode 5 (Questions Part 3), I found Dr. Nosich's and Dr. Elder's discussion of the questions about democracy particularly helpful. Their willingness to highlight the inaccurate assumptions that many of us have about communism and the many ways that our society is based upon the communal or community I found compelling. Too often, our own intellectual cowardice and fear of seeking out accurate information prevents us from truly exploring the significant questions that would enable us to deepen the quality of our lives. For example, one question that was posed was: \"What are the most important questions in my life?\" In other words, what are the questions that I'm willing to and will be thinking about for years to come? There are many aspects of these podcasts that are so helpful, but this is one I'm carrying into my daily life immediately! \n"}]}

Comments

Be the first to comment!

Top ▲