1y, Posted for: Whole Community

Inferences- Going Deeper with Linda and Gerald

Posted by: Jeri Williams

{"ops":[{"insert":"Inferences can quickly go off track depending on how you interpret facts. There seems to be much room for personal bias. The bridge you use from facts....to assumptions to inferred conclusions must be checked carefully\n This is true to some degree for every inference. How one reasons the facts is key to the inference. This predicts the conclusion. Inferences seem to me to be the most grey in interpretation. Personal experience overshadows if not careful! It is detective like deductive reasoning. Ust be retested with new information. \n\n\n\n\n\n\n"}]}

Comments

Posted by: Gerald Nosich

{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi Jeri, \nI "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"think"},{"insert":" I follow you, but I'm not sure. Your responses would have been clearer to me if you had included and discussed an example of what you say about inferences, assumptions and interpretations. Virtually all words in natural languages (such as English) are ambiguous, and that holds for the words inferences, assumptions and interpretations as well. Concrete example pins down some of the ambiguity. (That's a lot of why the second \"E\" is contained in SEE-I.)\n"}]}

Top ▲